Monday, November 14, 2011

Rebates!

I love rebates.

A lot of people that I talk to think that rebate shopping can be a waste of time.  For me, rebates are a quick, easy way to obtain a free or cheap product that I might need or want to try.  Granted, you do have to pay for the cost of a stamp, currently .44 and wait 6-12 weeks for your money to come back, but, I have no problem waiting for money to come in the mail.

Most (99%) of all rebates tell you to submit the original receipt.  If you are doing multiples rebates, you must do multiple transactions during your shopping trip.

Check for a sale on your rebate items and use a coupon if one if available. Most rebates will give you the price before the coupon as the rebate- that is a true moneymaker!  If you shop at Walgreens or CVS, check to see if there is a RR or ECB offer for your item, it will be like getting paid twice!

Example of a rebate I did earlier this year:

  • $15.00 rebate when you buy $40.00 or more in Enfamil Formula.

  • 3 cans of Enfamil Newborn formula $23.55/each Regular Price

  • -3 $5.00 Formula Checks

  • -In store Walgreens coupon for $19.99 each (limit 3)

  • Total $44.97 with formula checks and in store coupon

  • After Rebate total out of pocket: $29.97 or just $9.99 each!


 

After your purchase the product(s) listed on the rebate form, complete each form per the directions, print neatly.  Include ALL of the needed items: UPC (bar code), receipt with the item and price circled, completed forms, and sometimes a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) is required.

For a website with a comprehensive list of current rebates, check out Coupons, Deals, and More (my fav. blog for rebate links!) .

I keep track of my rebates.  I have an Excel Spreadsheet where I track my rebates, an example follows. Others track their rebates on a calendar.  They write on the calendar the date the rebate was mailed and 10-12 weeks later they mark on the calendar: “XX rebate $YY.00??” Once it is received it is marked off the calendar.

Right now I have 4 rebates I am waiting for, with a total of $25.00 coming back to me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment