Saturday, November 12, 2011

I went shopping: Wal*Mart

After cruising some internet forums, looking for some free stuff (after coupons) at Wal*mart, I scooped up some coupons and packed up the Little Man.

We went a local Wal*Mart I had not been to in years.  It has a full service grocery store in it.

[caption id="attachment_1419" align="alignleft" width="398" caption="All this for only $6.30!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1421" align="alignleft" width="273" caption="Check out all of those coupons!All this for only $6.30!"][/caption]

Quite a few items were free!

All of the Potatoes were free.

  • Hash browns courtesy of a Free item coupon in All You Magazine.

  • Mashed Potatoes were $.98, I paired them with a $1.00 off coupon that is available online. I received .02 overage which was applied to my balance.


The rolls were free.  I contacted Sister Schubert with a question, and they sent me a free product coupon.

The Torani syrup coupon ($1.00/1) is still available to print at Coupons.com. I use about a teaspoon in my coffee along with creamer.

I'm now hooked on La Creme coffee creamer. It's a good thing I found a $1.00/1 coupon in last months' All You Magazine.  After the coupon, it was only .88!

And finally, the Hormel Snack tray.  There is all sorts of hubbub all over frugal blogs and twitter that it's only .98 after a coupon.  NOT TRUE. Prices at Wal*mart differ by region (lame), so in my area (and a lot of others from what I've been seeing in the backlash from this widely posted deal).  I printed the coupon, because I needed cheese and butter crackers for a recipe, and buying this tray would be cheaper than buying either ingredient separately. At my Wal*mart, the Hormel Snack trays are $5.48 before coupons.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Where did you find a Wal-Mart with a full service food area? I don't shop at Wal-Mart that much so I am not aware. Do tell. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Wal-mart on Camino Canada in Lakeside. I hadn't been there in years, but per the sister schubert website , that walmart had the rolls I wanted.

    ReplyDelete