Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cook Ahead night to the rescue!

About twice a month, I do a cook ahead day.  It's pretty simple, you just make a few extra dinners, put them in freezer safe containers and then when you don't have time to cook or you are just so busy, you can pull out your frozen dinner and you're all set to go!  I usually fire up both crock pots on a lazy Sunday morning.

With our move this weekend, I want to use up as much of the food as we can.  I haven't been on a serious grocery shopping trip in over a month, we've been living off the stockpile.

This weeks' menu:

  • Tonight we are having turkey rotini Arribiatta.  Our brother in law made it when the family visited last month.  I froze the left overs, knowing they'd make a great meal!  I'll serve it with some mixed veggies.

  • Tomorrow is Chicken chili with onion bread and veggies.

  • Thursday is Chicken noodle soup, onion bread and salad.

  • Friday is garden veggie fritatta with onions, green peppers, onions and cheddar cheese.


Saturday is the big day, the movers arrive at 8am.  We'll be without internet for a few days, so I'll be offline until the 14th.  By the time I'm back online, I should have some great posts for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment